Election Law & Campaign Finance
Whether you're a lobbyist, political party committee, union, trade association, political action committee, individual donor, or candidate for local, state, or federal office, wading through the complicated thicket of state and federal election, disclosure, and campaign finance laws and regulations is fraught with legal and ethical traps. Further, the penalties for violating election and campaign finance laws can be severe.
The Government Services practice group is comprised of attorneys experienced in disclosure laws, voting and free speech issues, state and federal regulatory compliance, and organizing business and tax-exempt corporations. The interdisciplinary team
at MacDonald Illig has the knowledge, experience, and diligence to work with you and lead you through the compliance thicket. Our attorneys are prepared to help you, or your entity, with all aspects of federal, state, and local Election and
Campaign Finance Laws. Our services include:
- Forming your campaign organization and infrastructure;
- Advising you on compliance with state and federal disclosure laws;
- Assuring that you comply with applicable campaign finance, lobbying and ethics laws and rules;
- Advising you on applicable fundraising laws;
- Forming your 501(c) advocacy organization;
- Navigating applicable provisions of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Advising you on federal laws and regulations, including the Federal Election Campaign Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Lobbying Disclosure Act, and the Foreign Agents Registration Act;
- Organizing your Political Action Committee;
- Provide training for your organization on relevant compliance issues; and
- Representing you before administrative agencies and in court on your election and campaign finance issues, including your voting and free speech claims.