In her family law practice, clients come to Kimberly during a difficult time in their lives and find reassurance in her extensive legal experience and dedication to shouldering their uncertainty about the future. By understanding what her clients truly want to achieve, Kimberly provides clear, well-considered options and advice to get them there.
With a primary focus on family law, she is highly experienced in effectively handling divorces, adoption, alimony and spousal support, child support, child custody and visitation, domestic violence, paternity, prenuptial agreements, and postnuptial agreements. As a litigator, Ms. Oakes also has experience in Insurance Defense and Workers Compensation matters.
Trained as a mediator and active in the collaborative law profession, Kimberly is able to guide and support clients who choose to resolve their personal matters through alternative dispute resolution rather than litigation.
- Selected for inclusion in the publication The Best Lawyers in America© for Family Law (2018 - Present)
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Previous Chair, Erie County Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Member, Erie County Bar Association Family Law Division
- Member, Erie County Bar Association Leadership Committee
- Board of Directors, Collaborative Professionals of Northwest Pennsylvania
- Advisory Board Member, Office of Children and Youth
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals