Nick takes an entrepreneurial approach to practicing law. He has a reputation as a pragmatic, business-savvy, and hard-working straight shooter who offers proactive, long-term advocacy and advice to his clients.
As chair of MacDonald Illig's Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights practice group, Nick’s practice is concentrated in the areas of corporate restructuring and bankruptcy, bankruptcy-related litigation, collection, and foreclosure matters. He is regularly involved in sophisticated and complex bankruptcy transactions, primarily representing corporate debtors, secured creditors, chapter 7 and chapter 11 trustees, unsecured creditors' committees, and other parties involved in bankruptcy proceedings. Nick is also an approved mediator in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Since returning to Erie in 2001, Nick has focused his practice in corporate restructuring and bankruptcy, bankruptcy-related litigation and collection matters. Nick has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers publication and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©.
A diligent, detail-oriented, and results-driven attorney, Nick always makes decisions based on facts, backed up by his professional experience. He ensures that his clients have the benefit of his knowledge and insight, allowing them to make fully informed decisions.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney Rating
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® (2020 - Present)
- Selected for inclusion in the publication The Best Lawyers in America© for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2017 - Present)
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2010 - 2015)
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Past President and member, Erie County Bar Association
- Past President and member, Judith K. Fitzgerald Western Pennsylvania Bankruptcy American Inn of Court