Lisa has earned a reputation as a formidable trial attorney who has the respect of her colleagues and the complete trust of her clients. She is a leader and mentor in her community and the legal profession, as well as at MacDonald Illig.
Her experience includes the handling of complex, multiparty litigation matters involving commercial disputes, breach of contract claims, fiduciary obligations, and professional services. Lisa handles non-compete and tortious interference litigation, in addition to defending claims of employment harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge. She represents individuals, non-profit entities and for-profit companies in various industries, including health care, manufacturing, economic development, real estate, and insurance.
Chair of the Insurance Litigation Department at MacDonald Illig, Lisa regularly appears in state and federal court, before appellate courts, before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, in arbitration tribunals such as the American Arbitration Association, and in other alternative dispute settings. Lisa is a past president of the Erie County Bar Association and has served as the Chairperson of its Civil Litigation Section. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Defense Institute and a frequent speaker and author on issues of substantive law and trial practice.
Bringing attention to detail to every case, Lisa has built a successful and well-respected litigation practice. Lisa puts her clients at ease by consistently delivering quality work, practical and timely advice, and effective trial representation.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney Rating
- Named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® 2018, 2019
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for medical malpractice law, 2020 - Present
- Appointed to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania Local Rules Advisory Committee as the northwestern Pennsylvania representative by Chief Judge Joy Flowers Conti, 2014 - 2016
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Erie County Bar Association Board of Directors, 2006 - 2012
- President of the Erie County Bar Association, 2011
- American Heart Association Heart Ball Executive Leadership Team, 2018, 2020
- UPMC Hamot Heart and Vascular Institute Board of Directors, October 2018 - Present
- UPMC Hamot Board of Directors, May 2018 - Present
- Erie Club Board of Directors, 2008 - 2016, 2018 - Present
- UPMC Hamot Institutional Review Board, 2017 - Present
- Hamot Health Foundation Corporator, 2017 - Present
- Achievement Center Board of Directors, 1994 - Present
- President of the Erie Club Board of Directors, 2014 - 2015
- United Way 100th Anniversary Campaign Cabinet, 2014 - 2015
Chair of the Achievement Center Capital Campaign, 2012 - 2013
of the Achievement Center Board of Directors, 2010 - 2012
(formerly, Erie County Crippled Children's Society)