John is a skilled and tenacious litigator whose clients benefit from his experience in business litigation, insurance defense, construction litigation, manufacturing disputes, labor and employment, and workers compensation matters.
A senior partner with MacDonald, Illig, John is a member of the firm's Litigation and Labor Departments, and chairman of the firm's Workers' Compensation Group. John has tried cases in both the state and federal courts. His employment practice includes representing and counseling carriers and self-insured employers in workers' compensation and other employment related claims, including claims before the EEOC and PHRC.
Confident and thoughtful in his approach, John works tirelessly to be responsive to his clients’ needs. He delivers proactive advocacy and timely resolutions, taking care of his clients at every stage.
- Selected for inclusion in U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers ® as the 2023 "Lawyer of the Year" for Worker's Compensation Law in Western Pennsylvania
- Selected for inclusion in U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers ® for Workers' Compensation Law (2018 - Present)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney Rating
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Past Member, Board of Directors Erie County Bar Association
- Past Chairman, Erie County Bar Association Workers' Compensation Section
- Erie Claims Association