Shaun approaches every legal matter with diligence and a high attention to detail. He focuses on cultivating trust with his clients by ensuring regular and open communication throughout the process. Shaun is a senior partner at MacDonald Illig and a member of the firm's Estates and Trusts Group. He works with individuals and families to establish estate plans tailored to the client's needs, their personal goals, as well as their tax objectives during life and after death.
Shaun concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and elder law. His practice also includes the preparation of wills, trusts, trusts for children with special needs, durable powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and living wills, estate tax planning, guardianship matters, elder law and long-term care planning. Shaun is experienced in estate and trust administration and regularly counsels individuals and corporate executors/trustees through the process.
Outside the office, he has lectured to professional and community groups on estate planning and probate, planning for families with special needs children, Medicaid planning and planning for the elderly. After more than 24 years of service in the Navy Reserve, Shaun retired from the Expeditionary Combat Command with the rank of Commander. Prior to joining MacDonald Illig Shaun was an associate in the Pittsburgh office of Buchanan Ingersoll, P.C.
- Selected for inclusion in the publication Best Lawyers in America for Trusts & Estates (2017 - 2018)
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Former Member, Trust & Estate Leadership Committee, Erie County Bar Association
- Board of Directors & Executive and Finance Committee, Sarah A. Reed Children's Center
- Finance Committee, St. Jude Church
- Steering Committee, 2232 Men's Conference
- Former Member, Board of Directors and Finance Committee, Flagship Niagara League
- Former Member, Life Membership Trust Committee, Zem Zem Shrine Temple