Jamie is always in her client’s corner, whether providing proactive advice to mitigate risk or inside the courtroom. In addition, her support comes with continued guidance and reassurance. As it is rarely in the best interests of a client to go to court, Jamie is first focused on keeping clients out of harm’s way and on securing alternative options for resolution. She backs that mindset up with skillful trial advocacy on behalf of her clients when court resolution is the best, or unavoidable, course of action.
Jamie's experience as a litigator at MacDonald Illig has helped her resolve matters for clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including: medical malpractice defense, insurance defense (motor vehicle, slip and falls, and property matters), labor and employment matters, breach of contract, business torts, partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty allegations, estate litigation (including both contested and uncontested guardianships, challenges to wills, and challenges to inter vivos transfers), landlord/tenant, and ordinance enforcement.
Overall, Jamie concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial litigation, employment litigation, insurance defense, and municipal/ordinance enforcement. She is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania state courts, the United States District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jamie is the current chair of both the Women’s Division and the Civil Litigation Section of the Erie County Bar Association, a member of the Board of Directors of the Erie County Bar Association, and she is the former chair of the Young Lawyers Division of the Erie County Bar Association. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and a member of the PLAN, Inc. Board of Directors. Jamie is actively involved in the Erie Community and a frequent speaker and author on issues of substantive law and practice.
Jamie is a member of the firm's Commercial/General Litigation Practice Group, Labor & Employment Practice Group, Government Services Practice Group, and the Recruitment Committee.
- Named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star® 2019 - present
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association, Second Vice-President
- Chair, Civil Litigation Section, Erie County Bar Association
- Former Chair, Women’s Division, Erie County Bar Association
- Former Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Erie County Bar Association
- Member of Governance Committee, Past Board of Directors President, Early Connections
- Board of Directors, Member, Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network (PLAN), Inc.
- Admissions and House Committees, Member, The Erie Club