Dedicated and confident in his role as a senior partner at MacDonald Illig, John always works with his clients’ best interests in mind. John is chair of MacDonald Illig's Trusts & Estates Group. He is also a member of the Firm's Business and Tax Groups. John's practice consists primarily of estate and tax planning, estate and trust administration, elder law, and business law.
John has been practicing law in Pennsylvania since 1996. He is also licensed to practice in the States of Florida and Georgia, as well as before the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and in the United States Tax Court.
John is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Prior to beginning his legal career, John practiced accounting for seven years with KPMG Peat Marwick in Roanoke, Virginia.
Throughout his career, John has proven himself to be a hard-working and knowledgeable attorney, who continually strives to build confidence in his clients.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Former Chair, Erie County Bar Association Budget & Finance Committee
- Past Member Board of Directors, Edinboro University Foundation
- Former Treasurer, Erie County Bar Association
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Past Member Board of Directors, Greater Erie Habitat for Humanity
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association