A well-liked and well-respected member of MacDonald Illig, Jack is a hard-working team player who has delivered quality results to his clients for more than 30 years. Recognized for his passion in providing responsive, top-quality service, Jack is an experienced and reliable attorney who always gives his clients peace of mind with his honest and sound advice.
Jack helps public and private companies, banks, developers, non-profit corporations and individuals in a wide range of legal matters, focusing primarily in the areas of general business matters, real estate, banking, and financial transactions. Jack also represents taxpayer-clients and developers in real estate tax assessment (value) appeals, and tax exemption cases throughout western Pennsylvania on properties as diverse as marinas, waterfront shipping facilities, hospitals, shopping centers and malls, industrial plants, truck terminals and warehouses, commercial and professional office buildings, corporate headquarters, hotels, and senior living facilities.
Respectful of time and budgets, Jack always ensures that he is providing prompt and strategic service while focusing on the plan to deliver a successful resolution to each client on their terms. Jack has also written numerous articles and is a frequent speaker before peer groups on business, real estate, appraisal practice and property tax litigation.
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Real Estate & Business Practice Committees, Erie County Bar Association
- Appraisal Institute
- Institute for Professions in Taxation
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Nationally recognized bond counsel, listed in the "Red Book"
- Builders Association of NW PA, Solicitor (1987-Present)
- Erie County Law Foundation, Trustee
- Early Connections, former Board Member
- Gannon University College of Engineering and Business, Advisory Board
- Gifts for Kids, former Board Member
- Affordable Housing Foundation, former Board Member
- Benetwood Apartments, former Board Member
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Volunteer
- Erie County Office of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, former Advisory Board Member and Secretary
- Holy Cross R. C. Church, Pastoral Council, Chair
- Boy Scout Troop 146, Committee Chair
- Mercyhurst Prep High School, Board of Trustees