Do I need a formal Custody Order?

It is highly recommended that you obtain a Custody Order to set forth the custody schedule of the minor children. A Custody Order permits access to your child if the other parent has physical control of the child, and is enforceable by the Court. Some parents choose to not have a formal Custody Order, but opt instead for an informal agreement for custody. With an informal agreement for custody, the parties must rely on each other to follow the agreement.


Legal Advice Disclaimer: The information presented on this website serves solely as general guidance and should not be construed as legal advice by MacDonald, Illig, Jones & Britton LLP as a replacement for seeking personalized legal counsel from a qualified attorney. MacDonald, Illig, Jones & Britton LLP does not assume liability for the accuracy or reliability of content hosted on any third-party websites accessible through links provided on this site.