Restrictions Eased Beginning April 4th
Governor Wolf announced that effective April 4, 2020, the Commonwealth will lift a series of restrictions currently in place on restaurant operations, personal services, gyms and entertainment facilities, and event gatherings.
- Restaurants that self-certify to comply with public health and safety guidelines and orders will be able to operate at 75% occupancy, those that do not self-certify may operate at 50% occupancy
- Alcohol may be served without the purchase of food
- The curfew on removing alcohol from tables will be lifted
Other Occupancy Increases
- Gyms, personal services, and entertainment facilities (casinos, theatres, malls,) will be able to operate at 75% occupancy
- Indoor events may operate at 25% occupancy regardless of venue size
- Outdoor events may operate at 50% occupancy regardless of venue size
Mask-wearing, social-distancing, and other safety orders remain in effect. As a result, a business’ ability to operate under the increased occupancy limits effective April 4th is subject to its ability to do so while maintaining the 6-foot social distancing requirement.
Please contact a MacDonald Illig attorney if you have any questions regarding the changing landscape of COVID-19 restrictions.