Clients across the spectrum of the real estate industry – sellers, purchasers, developers and lenders in Erie and the northwest Pennsylvania area including Meadville, Warren and Franklin – have put their trust in Dave to handle their legal matters for more than 40 years. He concentrates his practice on real estate closings, development work and tax sale litigation, but has extensive experience in commercial and residential leases, installment sales contracts (land contracts), options, condemnations, mortgages and easements.
Dave is known for his efficiency and success in closing numerous complex transactions for clients and is well respected by his peers. He has litigated numerous cases involving upset tax sales and judicial tax sales throughout western and central Pennsylvania including Erie, Crawford, Warren, Lawrence, Mercer, Beaver, Westmoreland, Fayette and Washington counties. This area of practice has involved frequent appearances in the appellate courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as well as trial court proceedings.
Dave is an agent for First American Title Insurance Company and Fidelity National Title Insurance Company. He was counsel to the Greater Erie Board of Realtors for over 30 years, and he is the former chair of MacDonald Illig's Real Estate Practice Group. Dave has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© for his work in Real Estate Law since 2018.
- Secretary and Past Chair of Board of Directors of Stairways Behavioral Health
- Former Member of Board of Directors of Hooked on Books!
- Former Member and Chair of Board of Directors of House of Healing
- Former Member and Chair of the Board of Directors of Penn Attorneys Title Insurance Company
- Former Co-Chair of the Real Estate Section of the Erie County Bar Association
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association