One of the greatest legal minds around, Jim’s attention to detail and ability to recall information – no matter how far back–is unmatched. Clients and peers alike find Jim to be effective, easy to work with and personable.
Jim’s represents both for-profit and non-profit entities and professional practices, as well as school and municipal entities. He has extensive experience representing clients in complex litigation matters before Pennsylvania state and federal courts (including Orphans' Court), and various administrative agencies, as well as before mediators and arbitration panels.
Jim serves a range of professional practices and practitioners in a changing environment affecting various professional specialties, including coordinated participation in business and estate planning services.
- Founded the McDonald Group, LLP in November of 1986
- "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" as selected in 2006 by peers statewide, representing the top 5% of all lawyers in the Commonwealth
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney Rating
- Civil Trial and Civil Pre-Trial Procedure Certifications by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Two Certifications
- Appointed to the Supreme Court Procedural Rules Committee for two terms.
- Appointed to the Disciplinary Board of Supreme Court of Pennsylvania for two terms.
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Disciplinary Board, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1983-1989)
- Civil Procedural Rules Committee, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1993-1999)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- President (1983) and Chancellor (2008), Erie County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (1980-1983)
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Health Lawyers Association