Matt is a persuasive and successful trial attorney with numerous trials to verdict. His practice focusses on complex and commercial litigation, insurance coverage, bad faith, and tort defense. Matt’s outcome-driven and cost-conscious approach to dispute resolution has earned him the trust and respect of his clients and peers alike.
Matt previously worked at a Fortune 500 insurance company, where he oversaw coverage and bad faith litigation for all of the company’s property and casualty lines of business across thirteen states. Matt also worked directly with state regulators to obtain approval of complex insurance-related business transactions, including: reinsurance; compliance matters; and rate and form filings.
Matt began his legal career at MacDonald Illig in 2003. He graduated, magna cum laude, from Allegheny College with a degree in communications. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from Rutgers University School of Law. Matt is a member of the highly selective Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC).
- Successfully represented insurance carrier in a multidistrict lawsuit involving availability of business interruption coverage due to COVID-related business closures.
Education & Admissions
Memberships & Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Erie Arts and Culture, Board of Directors, Past President
- Erie Playhouse, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Dramashop, Board of Directors, Member and Past President