CannaBusiness Law: Formation & Regulation
The legalization of medical cannabis in Pennsylvania is in its infancy, creating both opportunity and risk. On the one hand, businesses have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an emerging market. On the other hand, the legal atmosphere of this highly regulated industry is still sorting itself out on the state level, while use of medical cannabis is illegal under federal law. As a result, a cannabis business faces a series of legal and practical hurdles that a more traditional business does not.
Because of the unique challenges facing cannabis businesses, MacDonald Illig's Cannabis Law Group is composed of a cross-section of attorneys with diverse specialties and experience, giving your business an edge in facing the hidden complexities and still-developing legal landscape. We have knowledge and experience across business, tax, real estate, environmental and employment practices to address any issue that you may face.Related Services
The Cannabis Law Group of MacDonald Illig is well-equipped to assist with a broad range of cannabis industry matters, including:
- Grower-processor and dispensary permit application
- Business structuring and formation, including legal and tax complexities and structuring your business to take advantage of IRC 280E
- Corporate governance
- Assistance with financing
- Guiding you through the unique advertising, banking, and real estate issues facing your cannabis business
- Counseling on the interplay between Pennsylvania and federal law
- Establishing your employment policies and procedures
- Assuring that your business complies with applicable local and state regulations
- Assisting in government relations
Let's get started.