Governor's Stay at Home Order Amended to Add Erie County
On March 23, 2020, Governor Wolf and the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health issued concurrent Stay at Home Orders for seven Pennsylvania counties. Today, after County Executive Dahlkemper's announcement of a Stay at Home Order in Erie County, the Governor's and Secretary's Stay at Home Orders were amended to add Erie County.
The State Orders by the Governor and Secretary, and the Erie Amendments regarding the same, appear in the links below. Also linked below is Stay at Home Order Guidance issued by the State.
Under the State Order, until at least April 6, 2020, everyone in Erie County (and seven other counties in Pennsylvania, as listed in the links below) must stay at home, except for certain essential activities and travel. However, the Order does not apply to life-sustaining businesses or businesses granted an exemption to continue operations.
Essential activities include:
- Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, or the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as obtaining medicine or medical supplies, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home
- Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as getting food and household consumer products, pet food, and supplies necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences
- Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running if they maintain social distancing
- To perform work providing essential products and services at a life-sustaining business
- To care for a family member or pet in another household
Essential Travel includes:
- Any travel related to the provision of or access to the above-mentioned individual activities or life-sustaining business activities
- Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the commonwealth
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding compliance with or exceptions to the Stay at Home Order. Under the Governor's Business Closure Order, our office is closed, but MacDonald Illig attorneys are working remotely, and are available at any time via e-mail or cell phone to assist you with all of your legal issues.