On Wednesday, July 15, 2020, Governor Wolf and Secretary Levine issued new Targeted Mitigation Orders impacting all of Pennsylvania. Those Orders are linked below in this alert. The Orders are effective as of 12:01 a.m. July 16, 2020.
The Orders mandate the following:
Bars and Restaurants that Offer Food
• Indoor bar and restaurant operations are reduced to 25% of the maximum occupancy capacity of the building, including staff in that calculation
• Outdoor dining remains unaffected
• Whether indoor or outdoor, alcohol may only be served with food
• Takeout and delivery sales of alcohol remain permitted
• Discrete events in bars and restaurants are limited to 25 people
• Nightclubs must close
• Indoor gatherings are limited to 25 people, while outdoor gatherings remain permitted for up to 250 people
• The Order states that businesses are required to conduct operations, in whole or in part, through telework unless telework is not possible
• Businesses continuing in-person operations remains subject to all existing safety orders and guidelines
If you have any questions regarding the new Orders issued, please contact a MacDonald Illig attorney.