PA Governor's Shutdown List Revised
Yesterday, Governor Wolf issued an Order mandating that all non-life-sustaining businesses close immediately. The Order will begin being enforced at 12:01am Saturday, March 21, 2020. Concurrent with the Order, the Governor issued a list of life-sustaining and non-life-sustaining business categories. Sometime today, Governor Wolf and Secretary Levine issued an updated list. The updated list is linked below in this Alert.
Most notably, now the following businesses can remain open:
- All sectors of the natural resource and mining industry;
- Dry cleaning and laundromats;
- Specialty food stores;
- Insurance carriers, agencies, and brokerages;
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, and payroll services; and
- Only for the limited purposes of emergency repairs and construction of healthcare facilities, most construction categories.
Further, to the extent your business still falls into the non-life-sustaining-category on the revised list, the Department of Community & Economic Development has created a website to request an exemption from Governor Wolf's Order to keep your physical location open. A link to that form is included below in this Alert.
You should review the updated list immediately to see how it impacts your business' plans. MacDonald Illig attorneys will be working remotely, but are available to assist you with navigating the updated list or any other legal matters, at any time, via e-mail or cell phone.