Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
MacDonald Illig's Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Group counsels and represents clients ranging from banks, institutional lenders, credit unions, and national and international corporations, to locally owned small businesses, sole proprietorships, insurance companies, secured and unsecured creditors, and administrative claimants. We provide sophisticated legal services attuned to the growing global marketplace as we assist clients with a broad spectrum of financial and commercial legal matters.
Representative financial and commercial services include:
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial loans
- Construction lending
- Bond financings, both taxable & tax-exempt
- Regulatory and consumer compliance
- Corporate account auditing
- Real estate financing
- Foreclosures and liquidations
Representative bankruptcy services include:
- Stay litigation
- Preferences litigation
- Cash collateral and adequate protection disputes
- Challenges to debt discharge and dischargeability
- Plan confirmation disputes
- Reclamation claims
- Property sales and leases
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Bankruptcy planning for businesses and lending institutions
- Fraudulent transfers and avoidance actions
The attorneys of our Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Group offer experience in these and many additional complex financial and commercial legal matters. We routinely handle disputes in various state and federal courts, and serve as counsel during sophisticated arbitrations. To enhance our provision of comprehensive counseling and representation, the Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Group regularly draws on the resources of MacDonald Illig’s other distinguished business and litigation departments, including the Business Transactions, Commercial Litigation, Employment & Labor, Environmental Law, Trusts & Estates, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, and Tax groups.
The Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Group is proud of our outstanding reputation within and beyond Northwestern Pennsylvania. If we might be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to addressing your financial and commercial legal needs.