Government Services & Public Finance
MacDonald Illig's Government Services & Public Finance Group provides sophisticated counseling and representation to governmental, quasi-governmental, and private entities in varied administrative, financial, legislative, regulatory, and transactional matters. Clients ranging from health care providers, public educators, and underwriters, to manufacturing, communications, and entrepreneurial enterprises turn to our experienced practitioners time and again for assistance with all facets of governmental relations and public finance concerns. We provide proactive solutions that are efficient, effective, and consistent with our clients’ objectives. Our group’s representative capabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Public finance, including
- general obligation, revenue, taxable, and tax-exempt bonds
- new money, current refunding, and advance refunding financing
- insured and letter of credit financing
- fixed and variable rate financing
- derivative products
- Public procurement counseling and litigation
- Land use regulation
- Government contracts and compliance
- Environmental matters, including public sewer and water systems
- Zoning matters
- Election law and campaign finance
- Labor counseling, negotiation, and litigation
- Sunshine and ethics acts counseling
- Tax assessment appeals; and
- Defense of civil rights claims
- General counseling and advice to municipalities and other government entitites
To enhance our provision of comprehensive counseling and representation, the attorneys of MacDonald Illig’s Government Services & Public Finance Group routinely draw on the resources of the firm’s other distinguished business and litigation departments, such as Labor & Employment; Environmental; Construction Law; Commercial Litigation; and Real Estate.
We are proud of the outstanding reputation we have built both within and beyond Northwestern Pennsylvania, and look forward to serving your governmental, municipal, and public finance needs.
Project Finance Law
MacDonald Illig's practice in the area of Project Finance Law involves the representation of public and private entities engaged in the development and financing of infrastructure, industrial, and public services projects, such as industrial parks, manufacturing facilities, lake ports, inland ports, and sports and convention facilities. Our clients include conduit financing authorities, quasi-public industrial and economic development corporations, and private businesses, as well as financial institutions and equity investors, involved in these public-private partnerships.
If we might be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.