Labor & Employment
MacDonald Illig's Labor and Employment Group represents employers and executives in all aspects of labor and employment law throughout Pennsylvania and in other states. Our experienced attorneys provide sound counseling and representation to management and executives to prevent and resolve the challenging and complex issues that arise out of, and affect, the employment relationship in our increasingly regulated, employee-oriented environment.
The attorneys in the Labor and Employment Group handle federal and state court litigation, agency administrative proceedings, and alternative dispute resolution matters in addition to offering preventive services such as personnel policy drafting and management training. Our clients range from national and international corporations, financial services providers, and manufacturers to small locally-owned businesses, health care providers, and non-profit organizations. The Labor and Employment Group is dedicated to providing pragmatic, effective advice tailored to each client’s particular circumstances and objectives regardless of size.
The Labor and Employment Group regularly represents clients for numerous legal needs including, but not limited to:
- Employment discrimination claims based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability
- Sexual harassment and other workplace harassment claims
- Wrongful discharge claims
- Employment contracts, including enforcement, severance agreements, and releases
- Employee benefits, including ERISA, COBRA, and FMLA matters
- Unfair competition, including restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and confidentiality
- Employee privacy matters including HIPAA and drug and alcohol testing
- Wage and hour compliance
- OSHA compliance and workplace safety
- Internal investigations and auditing
- Employment matters associated with mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring
- Government contracting
- NLRB matters, including union organization, decertification, and unfair labor practices proceedings
- Union relations, including collective bargaining, grievance administration, arbitrations, strikes, and picketing
- Construction trades
- Personnel policies and procedures and employee handbooks
- Layoffs including WARN Act compliance
- Employee discipline and termination
- Unemployment compensation claims
To further enhance its comprehensive counseling and representation, the Labor and Employment Group routinely draws on MacDonald Illig's other distinguished business and litigation resources, including the Business Transactions, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Tax, and Workers' Compensation Groups. We are proud of our outstanding reputation throughout Northwestern Pennsylvania and beyond and look forward to addressing your labor and employment needs. If we might be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.